Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween 2013 and LCMS Pep Rally

 We have had a busy few weeks... I had finals, the children are finishing and starting the next season of sports, and we have been busy on the weekends going to ballgames... These pictures are from the middle school pep rally and Halloween on Kelly Street 2013. 
     This first picture is before the pep rally... It's amazing how the nerves show on the girls faces.  Each of the pictures primping their bows, warming up, and conversations show nervous faces...it's something about getting in front of your friends that make you feel this way.  I'm so proud of KB for being captain to her middle school squad. She is SO bossy though... I can't imagine where she got it from.  I know it has nothing to do with fact that she has been around cheerleading since birth... there were many middle school basketball and football games that she was in a car seat and a stroller... what was I thinking??? It is in her... I did it to her! 


 Katie and Savannah getting that bow right!
 Nervous?  Of course...they are about to perform in front of the middle school and some of the high school!
 Getting ready for the dance.
 More nerves...
 And it must be something about those bows because all the girls are fidgeting with them! 
 Catherine Drew ready to go!
 Somebody must have checked Ju and Chloe out... school skippers!
 And here come the real ones to make them nervous....Cole Baby!
 Caroline and Melania....the nerds!
 There's that smile!
 Yes, I believe there are 44 girls cheering!  What a bond!
 Janice didn't know it at the time, but she was getting ready to be called out to court to do a few cheer moves!
 And our last picture of the pep rally... Christie and her enthusiasm in this picture is just contagious!




HALLOWEEN ON KELLY STREET


 Halloween on Kelly Street "at the power line" started early this year... Our first trick-or-treaters arrived about 4:37.... a little early in my opinion...but we were ready... It was a night filled with LOTS of good food and fun!  Hot dogs, chili, dips, and my favorite chicken salad (thanks Mrs. Henderson) were just a few of things to choose from.... I tried to get lots of pictures, but I am not good once it gets dark... I need a lesson on what to set my camera on....
 Our first trick-or-treater of the night... a man... coming through the woods... dressed like Don Wheeler... He was the guarder of candy all night!
 Isn't he precious?  This is Ben aka "Cat in the Hat".... I just love that he is already nine and was excited about wearing this!  Storybook character was yesterday too, so he had to wear this almost all day long!
t
 This has nothing to do with the post, but he is too cute to be a boy in this picture.... It makes my heart smile!
 And here are these two beauties!  It makes me sit in awe that they are twins...and look nothing alike... but each of them is beautiful on the inside... I'm so glad they live next door to me.... come over and eat with us... and sit around and talk to me... they make my heart smile too!
 Avery said she could not be in a picture by herself.... so Ben got with her!  He could use those devil horns sometimes!
 And... Caroline... the pink crayon.... Isn't she cute... and I love that this was a homemade outfit!
 Brandt on hot dog duty!
 Betty Carol and Patty discussing how to fix education....
 Waiting on the trick or treaters!
 Here is Sassy!  She wouldn't get out, but she did agree to smile for a picture! 
 How cute is this devil??? Such a doll!
 Ms. Goldman.... or Stephy Britt... So glad they stopped by to see us!  Charlotte was precious.
 Brothers .... looking like their daddy!
 So happy to take a picture!
 Not sure where Katie was....
 Ms. Wheeler.... she was holding Coach Wheelers plate... he had about four of them! 
 Just a few snacks....
 Elvis enjoyed the party too!
 The boys!
 Butchie.... he came to the party.... and stayed and stayed and stayed.... He hasn't stayed at my house that long ever... and we didn't even have a football game on!
 Most original outfit of the night... Shelbi aka FLO the progressive girl!
 And here comes the children....
 Can't wait to use these pictures for a senior page!
 Sweet Jack and his scary costume.
 Precious Miss Britton!
 Big girls who LOVE to eat!
 Sweet little twins who came by.
 Kelly Street Divas... I think we are going to keep Wengrows in business... Had some former Kelly Street Divas to want one of these shirts!
 They really wanted to be Nicole and Emily off Pretty Wicked Moms... but ended up as a baseball team!  Cute!
 Flo again!
 These two.... can't take their picture until they are ready... but I kept on snapping!
 Perfection!
 The Baptist church crew.... that was there...
 Loved Aubrey's costume!!!  It was so cute.
 Can't believe he didn't put diva on the front of his shirt...
 I think she is more of a coach to  him... she loves to tell him what to do!
 So cute!
 Superman... (out of shape) showed up to eat with us....
 BC and JMac came for a night on the power line!  So much fun.
 Another crew coming to trick-or-treat!
 I bet her pictures are better than mine... Maybe she should take the pictures and let me write...
 Such cute outfits!
And to end the night... Janice looks pretty happy with the monster she has to take home!

We had a great time filled with many memories!  I'm so glad to see smiles on faces and to hear about full bellies!  It was a wonderful night and we can't wait until next year!  I think all the adults should dress up too! 

No comments: