Thursday, September 12, 2013

Ben's Baptism

 
It would have been nice to write this Sunday or Monday, but here it is Thursday and I am just sitting down to write about an important event in Ben's life.  I hope I haven't forgotten anything... or anybody.  Sunday, September 8th, Ben was baptized at Lincolnton Baptist Church in Lincolnton, Georgia.  Brandon McManus, Youth Minister, baptized Ben in front of a filled church.  Throughout this blog I will explain some of the people's relationship to Ben and why he wanted them there... there were others we didn't get a clear picture of, but he saw you... and hopefully, I can help him remember this through the blog. 
 
 
 When Ben first decided to ask Jesus into his heart, he went to visit "Mr. Bill".  They talked a little, and then it was a few short weeks later that Ben decided to walk the aisle.  Thanks Mr. Bill for being an influence on Ben's decision and also for keeping him entertained during the sermons... He actually listens! 


 These two here... well... they could substitute for his mama and his daddy, but they are really a "fake uncle" and an aunt!  More importantly, they are his Sunday school teachers.  Thanks Mayonnaise and Aunt Christie for your influence on Ben's life.  You are wonderful!
 Ben and his two best friends.  Many children whine and fuss wanting friends to come over and play all the time... not Ben... he wants Mayonnaise and James.  Mayonnaise acts just like these two and they are truly the three musketeers... always into something...
 Ben and Brandon~  getting ready and making sure the water was warm enough. 
 My daddy and mama... Mrs. Aycock.  This is Ben's principal... he took my phone last Wednesday night and sent her a text message asking her if she would come to his baptism.  He also added in the text "wear your high shoes"... He can't wait to get out of the car every morning to see what kind of shoes she has on...to say the least... he has a small crush on her! 
 Here are three more musketeers!  Guille, Thomas, and Mitch!  They had to get the sound just right for the baptism... or are they just playing on the phones...????
 You can barely see Rachel, but she has been babysitting Ben since he was just four months old.  When Mark and I would travel, we would send the children home and Rachel would keep them... She has been a lifesaver so many times.  Sweetest heart and spirit... she is going to make a great mother!  And that grinning cutey pie is "Little Glenn"... Ben loved watching him play ball last year for the Red Devils... we are glad he came with Rachel! 
 Katie Britt.... I think this is the only picture of her all day!
 Sitting beside me is "Stephy Britt".  We were first introduced to her when she was a freshman at Furman.  She came to our house and hopefully we influenced her to become a southern girl!  Being Amberly's roommate, she became a part of lives.  Who would have dreamed that she would be Ben's teacher now!  Such a small world... and she is so wonderful.  She is truly a gifted teacher! 
 This is "Mandarosa".... Another babysitter... She came and lived with us for a month when Ben was born.  I knew she would make a great mama... and that is her very own baby on her hip now!  I was so glad she came to be a part of his special day!  Mandarosa was his first babysitter ever... that bond is there and he loves her still. 
 These two are special too!  We love our Wilson boys! 
 This is the actual baptism... I know I should have been focused on Ben, but all I could see was that yellow bracelet on his arm... I know Bobby Carol would have been so proud of Ben on this day... he would have clapped and given him knuckles!  He was there with us... I felt his spirit.
 Wet rat... but he is sure is cute! 
 Marion, Velda, Rachel, Glenn, KB, JMac, Mimi, Rachel C., Aunt Lisa, and Uncle Dan... all came to see Benny Boo Boo.
 Daddy didn't mind at all keeping Mrs. Aycock entertained! 
 After the baptism and all dressed up! 
 Getting a little hug from Mandarosa!

I have to say that Ben had other special visitors to our church that day too... Of course his favorite golf instructor, Mr. Al, was invited.  Ben was so excited he came and brought Mrs. Nancy too!  Ben also wanted to include his first grade teacher Mrs. Barnett.  She got Ben through the first grade with a lot of love!  He can't wait to hug her everytime he sees her!  Special thanks to Megan and Wilkes for being there too!  Our church family members were there as well and many gave hugs and well wishes! 
 After church, we all headed to our house to eat lunch... I didn't realize it until that morning, but we I know my grandparents were there in spirit... and Mark's too.  Those pink and white dishes were part of the collection that Granny gave me when I turned 16.... The dining room table was set with Boo-Ma's silver and MawMaw's stemware.  This picture also shows Ben's necklace he got from Mr. Al.  It's a cross. 
The McKinney table...
In line for lunch! 
 Before Lisa sat down she wanted to know where Papa's seat was... she said she couldn't sit in it... but she did!  He would have been proud to have her there... She was his first granddaughter and I think it was fitting that she finally got to sit at the Big Girl table! 
 Dabo isn't sure about his spiritual welfare... we are working on it and he may be baptized at a later date. 
 Chevy is the devil in disguise... I feel sure that Satan helps her chew up the shoes and clothes she is finding all over the neighborhood. 
And this... this is that sweet little boy from Sunday who took it upon himself to get my camera and take this picture of himself. 

Ben- I am so happy for your decision... I hope you will always remember that Jesus is on your side... and no matter when people are mean to you, treat you unfair, hurt your feelings, or just make you feel bad... you focus on Him and you will be fine!  I love you the best!  You are my favorite baby boy! 

No comments: