Saturday, September 21, 2013

An ADHD Conversation

It's Saturday morning... my house looks like a small 
tornado has been through it... I have a list of about 27 things that have to be done before Monday... and I decided to add one more thing... write everything down and come back later to appreciate when I'm not in this place anymore. 
The last two weeks... I have worked every day... Yeah, I know some people do that all the time, but I had gotten used to only part time.  To say the least... I am behind... to top that off... I have traveled... I haven't even been at work to check things off that list... After the first week away... I played in the Red, White, and Blue golf tournament!  It's a tradition... This year... I played with Daddy and Mark. 
The story before the golf tournament:
Back in June and July... the Mattisons decided we would get together and play baseball at night with the boys... actually... Guille decided we would... the first few games I stood... chased a few balls... and entertained myself with singing in the outfield... later... Christie decided she would bat... I decided I needed to bat too... Well... at some point... either swinging the bat... or running the bases... I hurt my back... and have been in pain since...
I went to the local doctor... couldn't find anything... went back three weeks later... still in pain... tried to take a pain pill...made me sick and goofy... Sidenote: How do people get addicted to them??? Back to story... got an MRI... nothing showed up... went to Neurosurgeon... had x-rays done... nothing showed up... he told me it was something that would have to work itself out... During this entire time... Jim tells me I have no business fooling with a doctor and I need to go to a chiropractor... I always thought they were a little iffy... I mean... that is what "I Heard"....
So... now to the golf tournament....
 
 
 
 
Al and Melony getting ready to send us off... this is the third date of the rescheduled tournament... no one thought it would ever come to this... I think it was a blessing... I wish they would move it to September every year...much cooler... and not as busy as the fourth week! 
 

 We all need to clap for Melony because she worked so hard! 
 She doesn't want to take any glory from this event... but she always does a great job....
 I am sure Addison is talking about somebody.... I mean who puts up a hand over your mouth unless you are!  I bet they are deciding how they can cheat!  :) 
 We followed this crew.... so I have some interesting shots of Franklin... I don't think he is lined up right... but then again... I never know where my ball is going...
 Franklin looked for his ball for about 20 minutes...
 He is wondering how in the world he can slip one out of his pocket and get a good shot! 
 Then Melony came to help him!
 And this .... this is who carried our team... Daddy and I both were limping and aching...We rode around and watched Mark.
 Al ... helping us out a little!
 

 Daddy was ready to quit about three shots in... we both knew we were in trouble!
 A little clowing around... We think we are both standing up straight... that is how bad we were hurting.
 Not only was my back hurting... it was a little warm...
 This sweet lady... the tournament is named after her husband... she smiles all the time! 
 My daddy.... in his element...

So... we didn't win the golf tournament... not even close!  The only thing we won was some pain... Sunday we went to church and I knew I was going to have to break down and take Jim's advice and go to the chiropractor... So Monday... I called and got an appointment.  I was nervous to say the least... I thought I might throw up.... The doctor knew I felt that way... he could sense it... He told me he would not hurt me... And... believe it or not... he didn't.... I sure am glad I went... I have actually been three times this week... My neck was out of line... but the main pain was caused by two bones being "stuck" for a lack of a better word... together... yes... that hurts!  I felt great when I left the doctor yesterday afternoon... I could tell that I had been "adjusted" and I was finally getting some relief... UNTIL...

We go to KB's first 8th grade football game.  She had graciously signed me up to work the concession stand for 2nd quarter... I think it lasted 45 minutes.... I leaned over so many times to pick drinks out of the cooler that I am miserable this morning... But... these are pictures from the game! 


 Savannah Banana... wondering how in the world they are going to get all these girls on the sidelines in a straight line! 
 The Cowboy Cheerleaders

 Savannah and Anna... sweet, precious, and beautiful girls! 
 A little prayer time...
 A little swag time...
 These two... a little stink time...
 And... did I mention... this was the night of the RED lipstick... oh my goodness... I haven't seen KB this morning... but I feel sure it is still on there... I told KB that her lips are too big for all that brightness... She doesn't care! 
 Boys have a little prayer time...
 This dear friends... is the line painted by Jim... crooked... and he is a surveyor... humph... makes me wonder! 
 Al again... fooball Friday night can't keep LC fans away!

And that's all the pictures.... By the time I was finished with the concession stand.... I was too tired to pull the camera out! 

Now... my list for day...

  • Write case study for ethics class
  • Work on School Improvement Project
  • Write two articles about evaluating teachers
  • Create agenda and items for meeting this week
  • Clean my house
  • Get lunches together for next week
  • Iron
  • Get the desk cleaned off....
And the last ADHD thought of the day... I ran over the dog yesterday... I was on the phone complaining and fussing about work matters... and must have missed that animal in the driveway... or at least missed that she was taking a nap... the dog is fine... I think... can't walk on the leg... on meds... and is  being lazy.... I'm thinking I wouldn't feel any worse if someone ran over my leg...

Mark has warned me already this morning to get out of this mood... two days in a row is unacceptable... but I may turn into Weezer from Steel Magnolias and just be in a bad mood for next forty years... If my body makes it that long...

I guess I better get busy... with my chores, my schoolwork... and that desk.... I know everyone is jealous of me today! 

No comments: