Sunday, January 6, 2019

Clemson vs. Notre Dame







 We left Greer last Thursday afternoon for 10 days!  Our first leg was to attend the Clemson vs. Notre Dame game in Dallas.  It sure would have been easier if we had played in the Orange Bowl, but at least we were able to visit a beautiful city and see some sights while there.   After packing all day for two different climates, we headed out after lunch to Orlando.  We thought we would make there, but after hitting traffic in Columbia, we realized that Jacksonville would be our destination for the night.  It took FOREVER to get there!
 We had many traffic jams and I often wished I was a rich girl with her own jet and pilot!

 We were all smiles for about five minutes until they quickly fell asleep.  Our family could do a Dramamine commercial!



Ben managed a little PS4 while riding down the road too!  Not Sis though... she slept! 


 In Jacksonville, we prepared our $2 bills to flood Dallas with!
 KB and Mark had gone to Clemson Sunday to see the team off and picked up the stamp.  KB had no idea at the time that she was traveling to game too!

My sleeping partner who gets more and more like Daddy every day... he even snores as loud as him.  I think he needs his adenoids out... or something... God bless his wife already! 
When we left Jacksonville, I knew in my heart it would be less traffic than the night before... it had to be.... but I was wrong!  Bumper to Bumper... we decided to pull over a shop a little at the outlets.... that helped a little! 
 Mark and Ben were hungry and we needed to eat before heading to the airport at 5.  Mark picked out a place that had crawfish... Ben's favorite.  He and KB ate like they hadn't had anything in months!
The best part of this meal is they bring it in bags.... and then you just throw things away in the bags!  
 This lady... help her.... she was worried about getting from B9 to B10 gate with ONLY an hour and a half between flights.... she clearly doesn't fly much!
 We headed to our plane with no problems.
After we landed in Dallas, we were starving!  We went across the street to a Sushi place because it was so late and nothing else was opened.  



I have a hard time working chopsticks with my right hand.... Ben is left-handed and do it!  
At this point in the night.... we are all ready for some sleep!  


Ben was ready to start that snoring again!  

 The next morning was our first sign of McKinney luck.... KB and Ben went to the hotel restaurant for the free breakfast that is given..... it took forever and when I went down to speak to the manager he said he would give me half off because it took so long.  Excuse me sir, but we aren't paying anything because it's included with our room!  Needless to say, they were very apologetic and even left us cookies, chocolate covered strawberries, and milk in our room when we had returned.  There are a lot more details that I won't include, but we are used to traveling with Mark and "debacles" occurring.... it's not a good trip if we don't have at least one!
 We headed for brunch /lunch with the Roberts before making it to the game.
 Even the police officers  wear cowboy hats in Texas!
 McKinney Road.... We like to think this was a sign that Clemson would win!
 We had brunch at Bread Winners along with lots of other Clemson fans!
 Huddy was so excited to fly for the first time and attend the game!  Huddy, Ben, and KB must have been really good this year for Santa to let them go!
 It was soooo cold in Texas!
 We decided to stop for coffee before heading to the stadium.
 We watched a little football before we went to our game!
 Huddy was so well-mannered and sweet!
These two.... it's questionable!  


Inside the AT@T stadium!  



 Getting ready to go to our seats!

This is Amari Rogers's daddy... Tee Martin.... who Tee Higgins is named after.... he was so quiet during the game I didn't even notice him!  
 At this point.... Ben thought we would win!
 Sis knew it earlier!


 My favorite picture... DABO leggings.... now I love the man, but I don't think I would be wearing those.... that is some true love right there!
 When we left the game... we headed to Whataburger.... you know that classy hamburger joint!  It reminds me of Daddy because he loved it!
I know some people go through and pick all the best pictures and only post the good things.... let me tell you I'm real... this picture is me in a t-shirt that I had to wear for three days because I forgot pajamas.... yuck!  I also fell asleep listening to Dabo's press conference.   In our family... all events are fair game.... if you get snapped in a picture... you use it!  I've posted enough of KB sleeping that it's only fair I put it on here!  

 Sunday morning we headed to do the things I was most excited about.... you can't go to a city and not do the educational things!  We are standing on the X where JFK was shot in the car.
 Then we went to the George W Bush Presidential Library.... my children thought it would be filled with books.... they actually enjoyed looking at all his things!  It was very good, and I will try to visit more as we continue to travel!

 The line was a little long, the weather was very cold, and we were amazed that some people asked where Clemson was... they had no idea a football game had been played the night before!


 After the library, we headed to Fogo de Chao.... Ben put a hurting on them!  He ate, and ate, and ate.... he loved a green card!



 Our flight back to Orlando was smooth and easy!  I even managed to catch a quick nap!
 We rode on planes, trains, and automobiles.... but now we were heading for a boat!

Let's hope the Tigers play well tomorrow night!  I'd love for them to win, but if they don't... we still love them anyway!  Thank the good Lord Ben has a ballgame tomorrow night or I'm thinking I would have left the boat headed to California.

I have hundreds of pictures from the cruise, so I will have to write about that trip later.  We have all managed to get a cold...I'm sure it's from traveling.... I've done just about all I can do today... that story will have to come later!

Go Tigers!


No comments: