Sunday, July 2, 2017

Vacation 2017 Day 1


Several months ago I booked a condo at Hilton Head because it's my second favorite beach in the world, and I thought Daddy was going to be well enough to travel with us.  We like to travel like Sanford and Son when we go somewhere and take everything but the kitchen sink.  In my defense, I want to have everything I need to cook, wear, and play.  With the pop up shower storms, this make-do tarp/cover protected all my goods on the way down... Mark just wanted his golf clubs covered or he wouldn't have gone to this trouble.  So the Sanfords headed to the beach early yesterday morning.

 While it was a first day of vacation for us, it was this precious baby boy's birthday... he was only 53! He is so old that they only had black and white pictures!
 When I booked the condo, I just knew that Daddy was going to be with us.  He hadn't seen the new clubhouse, so I thought that this view would be perfect for him.  Our condo would have been the perfect spot for him!  He is here in spirit with us!

 Not to leave Bobby Carol out, we let Ben and James get up on the toolbox to ride to the beach... Mark never got above 5 MPH... he wasn't drinking... and the boys never stood up!  They were safe!



One of the reasons I love coming here is that the trip is short enough to enjoy the beach on the first day here.  We unpacked, we got into our suits, and we headed to enjoy the waves!  


 KB wanted a picture... Mark can't be serious... he has to interrupt our session!  I'm sure the people around us thought he was crazy.

Last night we had spaghetti for supper because I always think the first day we have to have that!  It was delicious with a huge salad!  We were so hungry I didn't even have time to post a picture.  The laundry is done, the kitchen is clean from quiche and grits for breakfast, and it's almost time to head to the beach!  I also noticed this morning as I was organizing the grey is the new tennis shoe color!  


No comments: