Monday, July 3, 2017

Day 2 of VACA in HH

It's day two of vacation, and it is HOT!  There are so many people all around us at the beach club that we are considering pulling into one of the mansions down here that has no one home and using their beachfront.  I'm hoping that in the next few days some of these people will go home!  By the way, I have taught my child how to stand properly and lady like, but she refuses.  She says, "Mama, then it will look like one fat leg!".  Maybe that is why I'm always cutting my legs off in pictures... don't tell her, but I might try it... I think I still need to just cut one of my legs off... cut the other one in half... and use those two stilts to hold up the junk in the trunk!  


 Mark took a three generation picture of us Saturday, but no one knew it.  It wasn't much better than this one, but at least we were looking at the picture.  Mama has taught me many tricks for getting sun the last two days... I have never twisted and turned my legs so much to get sun in my life.  I'm sure people walking by thought I was crazy!


After several hours on the beach and having lunch there, we came back to make YooHoo ice cream.  It's the easiest homemade ice cream I've ever made... and it tastes just like a Frosty from Wendy's.  You can tell from the pictures that everyone was waiting with a spoon for a taste. 




 Sis loves chocolate better than me!
 Ben had three helpings in one cone... needless to say it was a soggy cone.
 James said it was the best he ever had!  He was one happy camper!
 For supper we decided to grill steaks.  I loved how Sis decorated the table with the variety of knives we were given in the condo.  One of them could have served as a machete!

 Potatoes and veggies were our sides....
 And then we decided to dig in!

After supper we decided we would go stalking... I was looking for a reality stars house, but I can't find it.  Sea Pines has hidden it well!  While we were out, we decided to get gas.  Mark was pumping the gas, and Mama and I noticed this man getting into his van.  In all good Mattison picking fun, we laughed about his shoes.  These are favorites of the Spratlins and also Bobby McKinney... he loved a white shoe.  I know it will only be a matter of time before Mark switches to these!  

 For breakfast Mama fixed sausage, eggs, grits and cinnamon rolls... these boys are eating like they haven't seen food in forever!



 James has a new best friend.... while Ben played golf yesterday, Matt and James played in the ocean!
 James is a foot taller than Mama... he is her protector!
 The golf pictures are coming to the publisher a little late... sorry they are out of order.  Ben and Wyatt see each other once a year... sometimes twice, but they always have fun.

 Wyatt joined Ben, Jefferson, and Mark in his own backyard for a day of golf.  I heard that the little boys beat the big boys on the first nine pretty bad!


 Jefferson claims he hit in the Donna's yard to look at her house... I don't believe him!
 Aren't they cute!
 Mark said the bugs were real bad... Betty Carol will get a giggle out of this picture!  He sends me random things like this all day....
We are now deciding what to do for the day... the boys want to fish... the girls might shop... we have sun to get... I hate that I can't write more, but these little buzzards have been up since 5:30 with a workout and are raring to go.... ugh... I like to relax and rest on vacation... no such luck today!

No comments: