Thursday, December 19, 2013

Happy Birthday Sis!

     Fourteen years ago today, I checked into Greenville Memorial Hospital for the fourth time to finally have a baby two days later

!  We thought it might be a girl, but we weren't sure... I knew it was a girl!  What a special blessing she has been to me.  She gives kisses and hugs freely, she studies all by herself, she tries things I would never dream of, and she doesn't go a day without laughing that silly laugh and pointing her finger at me!
     Last night we began her birthday celebration week with a few friends from church and some tacky Christmas sweaters/shirts!  The night ended with her Uncle Guille humming (howling like Snoopy) Christmas carols for the children to guess.  I laughed until I cried and longed for the days that I taught 8th graders!  What a great group of children to be blessed with in such a small town!
     
 












 


















































 This last picture is the best!  Everyone who knows our family.... knows we can not sing... we all sing in the car and in our homes, but we would never sing in public.... Dogs howl, hairs curl, and skin crawls when we open our mouths with song.... So... Guille's team was at a disadvantage when he was chosen to hum Christmas songs... I needed a Depend undergarment for his rendition of all carols in Snoopy's voice... the children didn't think it was near as funny as I did... they wanted to win!  Thanks to Stephanie Jordan for stepping in and giving them a chance! 


The birthweek festivities have started.... Happy Birthday Sis.... Love you, Mama

No comments: