Thursday, October 13, 2011

Somebody's birthday is tomorrow...













I never had a sister. I wanted one, but that didn't quite work out for me. I think that God knew I would need some special women in my life to fulfill that gap...and he provided me with cousins. I have two first cousins on my mama's side that may as well have been my sisters. There is nothing better than for us to sit down and have a great big argument and talk about how stupid one of the others are! Just teasing... we would never do that! Ha!







Tomorrow is one of those special cousin's birthday. It really isn't a special birthday because she doesn't have one of those Os at the end of her age. But...she is special.







This cousin is the one who was two years younger than me. I was extremely jealous of her growing up! She was/is way smarter than me. I envied the color of her hair, her ability to make adults laugh, and her creative writing skills. She also learned how to spell Guillebeau before me...her last name... and she knew how to spell my last name before I did. You get the picture?







She was what I strived to be! She didn't care what she said...or to whom she said it. She tried out for things that I knew I would never be able to accomplish. She set goals that were totally out of my reach. She decided early on that she wanted to go to Georgia Tech... are you kidding me?... they would never have even looked at my application. She decided to try-out for the newspaper while there. Yep, she was selected. She decided it would be a good idea for her to co-op.... who ever heard of that? while going to school. It worked out grand for her. I tell ya... she is one smart cookie! She graduated from Georgia Tech and even went back for a Masters in Civil Engineering. Did I say how smart she was?







Years later she bought a condo in downtown Atlanta... living the city life. She went on trips that I would have been scared to death to go on...not her. She isn't afraid of anything. After the condo, she bought a precious house and even had a housewarming that was given the theme of the Confederacy since she lived on a street named after it.







She stood beside me on my wedding day. I remember her even being so nice to go pick up Mark from the airport in Atlanta one night when he was stranded. I can't say enough about her!







Her greatness didn't end there... she fell in love. She gave up the city life, the business world, and her Fortune 500 lifestyle and moved to a small town... got married... had a baby.... and changed her career. I couldn't be more proud of her! She knows.... money isn't everything, but family is. I am so glad she is part of my family.







Happy Birthday! Love you!

No comments: