Saturday, July 16, 2011

Savannah Day Two

We set out on day two headed to The Lady and Sons. We had reservations for noon and skipped breakfast in hopes of enjoying the buffet. I had heard many stories about the restaurant and thought there was no way that the food could be as good as my mama's or Mary's cooking... well... I will have to say that it was DELICIOUS!
To get started we had to ride the ferry over to Riverstreet to get on a trolley bus. We were excited to eat!

As we were riding the trolley, we noticed someone running to the trolley to stop us... none other than Forest Gump... he said he had some chocolates in his suitcase for us...but they had melted! He was great... better than Tom Hanks!

And when we arrived at the restaurant...we found out we had VIP seats. We were upstairs overlooking the streets of Savannah. Thanks Paula...and Mr. Earl!

This is my plate... I had the buffet... It wasn't like the normal buffet...you know where all the food tastes the same. This was GOOD! I started with the salad bar. Yummy! If you notice my plate... I had collards, creamed potatoes, sweet potatoes, black-eyed peas, corn, butter beans, fried chicken, a garlic biscuit, a cornbread cake, and big old glass of MawMaw tea with lemon and mint! THE BEST food ever!


This is us in the elevator going back down to the street. We were as full as ticks! I ate so much I thought I was going to throw up! Daddy, Boo, and I headed back to the hotel while Mama and Sis went shopping!

Again, the heat index was about 111 so we had no choice but to go swimming. This is Daddy and Ben fighting in the pool.


Mama cooling off



Daddy was sore the next day... I can't imagine why!

Even though we were all miserable from lunch... we decided we still needed to go out to eat for dinner. We chose Huey's.
All my hearts walking on Riverstreet!

Sis and Boo making lemon wedge teeth! They learned how to do this last year in Savannah... so they had to remake the picture!

It was our 15th wedding anniversary, so we decided to smile for a picture!

No comments: