Wednesday, August 16, 2017

2017-2018 First Day of School

Wow... it doesn't take long to make it from Kindergarten to Senior Year.  Each year has been the same... you know... worried about what you would wear to school each first day!  In the  morning we will be able to add a new picture to complete your first day of school pictures.  I'm sorry that I'm in the pictures, and I wish that Ben had some pictures by himself.  I guess he will get those pictures by himself at the end of his career in school!  The pictures may show you growing up, but to me... you are still that little girl in the first picture with your hair rolled and eating chocolate pop tarts.  I wish you luck as you venture out this year.  I pray it is a wonderful year.  I pray that you will finish this race strong.  I pray that you will be just like those sunflowers... LOOK TO THE SON... He is your guide...don't worry about the shadows that occur, don't worry about the weeds all around you... don't worry about what you want to be when you grow up... ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF THIS YEAR!  


Mama's baby boy~  As you head to 7th grade, I hope you will continue being the spunky, sassy, and too smart for your britches fellow that you have always been.  You make my heart smile so big.  It's been a tough summer for you.  You have made a lot of decisions that I am so proud of... I'm watching you mature daily and can't believe that our biggest highlight of the summer has been all this "armpit hair".  I pray you will behave in school, continue to sing HIS radio to top of your lungs in the mornings, and always want to ride to school with me!  No matter how big you get, just remember that no silly girl will ever love you as much as I do.  I pray that you will use all your talents to be something special!  I've loved spending the hard moments on the course with you this summer.  Your true colors show when you lose~ not when you win.  We will continue to work on this daily.

Dear Lord,
As we begin this school year, I can't thank you enough for the teachers who have influenced my children.  I know this year will be no different.  Cover them with your protection, keep them safe, and always let them see that Your way is best... even when their hearts get broken.  Thank you for the two biggest blessings ever given to me.
Amen

No comments: