Saturday, April 9, 2016

Those Masters tickets that sat on the counter....

I can remember growing up and walking through the kitchen and seeing Masters tickets sitting on the counter... no one wanted them!

My how things have changed now... With Mama and Daddy having six grandchildren there is always someone who wants to go!  Today- we squeezed all the time we could out of the tickets!

It started early morning.....

Ben was excited to go, but he wasn't excited about the fact that Jordan Spieth wouldn't be around the course during his time in there!  We decided to sacrifice for a child... no really... we wanted to do it... but we let him go back in this afternoon to see his favorite!


Mike, Mark, Ben and Ellie headed down early to see the first groups tee-off.

And then... it was our turn!  I can't name the number of times the four of us have been going in together, but I do know that I have had some of my best memories in life sitting around Augusta National people watching, eating pimento and egg salad sandwiches, and most importantly, being on bird poop patrol.  Poor Mike~  I bet he is the only person who can brag that he has been pooped on twice while watching the Masters.  I love that we only see them three or four times a year... and we pick up where we left off!  I'm even more excited that they will be right up the road from us in the next few months and our Friday night pizza dates can start back!

That's Mark and Mike on television... I'm hidden behind Mark, and Kathryn is over the shoulder of the man in black.  I don't remember where we were, but Thomas found us on television and sent this to us.... we would like to think we are famous!  HA!

 And then to end the day... the four of us went in to find Jordan and watch him his last four or five holes.  Mama hasn't been to the Masters since I was in college... she said no one ever asked her if she wanted to go...so we insisted she come on in.... besides.... she does pay for the badges!  She had a great time eating sandwiches, snickers, and her only regret is she didn't get a cookie!  I may sneak her one tomorrow.
When it was time for Jordan to tee off on 18, Ben grabbed my hand and said he wanted to go to where Jordan would be coming off the green.  We headed up to the ropes and got on the first row!  This is another television shot that someone sent us... He had double-bogeyed 18, so he wasn't too keen on slapping Ben's hand, but Ben had it out there for him.

I love my Masters memories... Every year I think as I'm walking out the gate that I may never get to go again.  I sure am glad Granny and James signed up for badges years and years ago... I feel them when I'm there... I know they are thrilled that their grandchildren and great grandchildren appreciate the game of golf and love to be there.

And yes, no one ever wanted to go on Sunday... so three years ago Sis and I started going and staying until it was over.  We will be back there tomorrow afternoon... she'll be pulling for Jordan... I'll be thinking about the memories we are making...


No comments: